WELCOME TO THE 8th CONGRESS OF ISNN 2014!
The International Society of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics invites you to Australia for its 8th annual scientific meeting to be held on the Gold Coast in Queensland from May 2-3, 2014.
This will be a unique opportunity for some 400 scientists, graduate students, healthcare and food industry professionals from all over the world to meet and discuss the latest developments in this cutting-edge field of research which explores the effects of nutrition on the genome and how dietary requirements may vary depending on inherited genes.
The organizing committee is delighted to welcome you to the first ISNN meeting to be held in Australia!
The theme of the Congress is:
“Nutrigenetics/Nutrigenomics to Optimise Health
in rapidly Aging and Culturally Diverse Populations”
This theme was chosen to reflect the challenges of defining nutritional requirements that are properly suited to meet the health needs of populations that are culturally and genetically diverse, experiencing rapid changes in food supply and at the same time becoming older.
Make sure to attend ISNN 2014, a meeting where:
- Scientists, nutritionists, graduate students and healthcare & industry professionals from all over the world will exchange of knowledge on the many aspects of the science of nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics.
- The latest developments in nutrigenetics & nutrigenomics research, potential applications in therapeutics as well as disease prevention will be presented for various health outcomes with focus on:
- the epigenetic effects of maternal nutrition;
- obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease;
- inflammation, DNA damage and cancer;
- brain and mental health
- Graduate students and early career scientists will have a unique opportunity to present their research to an international audience of their peers, build both their academic portfolio and a strong professional network.
- Challenges and opportunities for knowledge dissemination and translation of nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics science into clinical practice will be addressed.
We are also especially pleased to be holding the 8th ISNN Congress in conjunction with the 4th Science of Nutrition in Medicine Healthcare conference convened by the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine to stimulate the cross-fertilisation of ideas and knowledge between scientists and health professionals.
Where and When
The conference will be held on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia from 9am Friday 2nd May to 5pm Saturday 3rd May 2014.
Sponsors & supporting organisations
Opportunities to sponsor and exhibit at the conference are available. A limited number of exhibitor spaces will be available so companies wishing to exhibit at the conference should express interest as early as possible to avoid disappointment. There are also opportunities for like-minded organisations to provide in-kind support and to participate in the conference.
Please direct all enquiries regarding the scientific programme to Prof. Lynn Ferguson:
Phone: +64 9 373 7599
Please direct all other enquiries to ACNEM:
Phone: +61 3 9597 0363
Fax +61 3 9597 0383
Register for Conference